On behalf of the Calgary School for Mission and Ministry the latest edition of our newsletter is also online here. We've made significant progress since the first issue came out last November -- the CSMM will be open for applications this fall! The newsletter also provides updated information and helpful background regarding the rollout of the Calgary School for Mission and Ministry and how our Diocese's emerging new model for Licensed Lay Ministry is taking shape. We understand there is significant interest in this topic among both clergy and laity, and we need your help in getting the word out to the people in your parish. We are asking you to provide the newsletter to your parishioners in whatever ways you think will be most effective. Here are some suggestions:
- You could email it to your people with an accompanying note -- feel free to lift some messaging from the intro text on the Diocesan website to craft your note.
- You could print/photocopy the newsletter and post it on a bulletin board/leave a stack on a table in your narthex.
- Once you've done either or both of those things, you could promote it in your bulletins, parish newsletters and after-service announcements.
- You could post links to the online copy of the newsletter on your parish social media pages (if you have them), and even your personal social media pages (if you are comfortable and so inclined).
- You could proactively bring the newsletter to the direct attention of individuals in your parish who are interested in lay ministries.
In the meantime, we will share the newsletter using a variety of channels at the Diocesan level, but the support of the parishes in this effort is critical, as you are closer to the people we're trying to reach. Our goal is to inspire, empower and equip the members of the laity to serve Jesus Christ, boldly and effectively -- we hope you share our passion for this mission, and will partner with us in the sharing of this message.Thank you and blessings,
The Calgary School of Mission and Ministry